|Student Admissions Files
- These are principal or operational records, that is, material directly related to the mandate or mission of your office.
- This rule applies to records in paper and digital formats.
- Action 1: Keep record active in your office for 1 YEAR with letters of recommendation and the autobiographical letter to be destroyed as soon as the final decision is rendered on the application.
- Action 2: Send records of those students who unsuccessfully applied to the Records Center of the Archives. There the records will be kept for a period of 4 YEARS before being destroyed by the University Archives.
- Action 3: Send the remaining admissions documents for those students who registered in the program to the University Archives for permanent storage.
- Note: Those records meant to be destroyed must be destroyed by shredding or other forms of confidential destruction.
This rule is meant for the Faculty of Medicine. Should you belong to another faculty or school, refer to regulation 5.024.